An Overview of Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches
All things considered; you should get the acknowledgment of the new 3850 switch in the Cisco Live! in the event that you are keen on the Cisco’s switching issue. Cisco launched its Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches at Cisco Live London a year ago. Presently, the expansion to the 3850 series family, the new Catalyst 3850 1G SFP fiber switch models was reported. They are new SKUs in the Catalyst 3850 switch family and they help further grow the Cisco Unified Access solution.
To be sure, to help improve IT effectiveness and upgrade client efficiency, Cisco presented the new 1G Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) fiber models in the Catalyst 3850 Switch family. These new models with 1G fiber SFP ports extend the Cisco Unified Access arrangement in both stacked and independent 1G accumulation, offering significant distance availability and upgraded security.
These new Cisco 3850 1G SFP fiber switches depend on the imaginative Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-explicit incorporated circuit (ASIC) and give extra campus and branch LAN switching and converged access versatility deployment alternatives for simplicity of management in a little impression.
Completely stackable with the current component rich and wired-wireless Cisco 3850 access switches, the new Catalyst 3850 1G SFP fiber switches help end-client profitability with steady wired and remote client experience, empower IT effortlessness with network programmability and improved security, and diminish TCO with lower OpEx and energy utilization.
Exciting Features of Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches
Here are some of the exciting features of Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches:
- Built on Cisco UADP ASIC, bolster full programmability for Cisco Enterprise Network Architecture
- Support for a wide scope of pluggable transceiver modules for longer physical separation and upgraded physical security
- Integrated wireless LAN controller usefulness in Converged Access mode
- Cisco StackWise-480 and Cisco StackPower technologies for resiliency
- Native Flexible NetFlow (FnF) on all ports for broad application visibility
- Native Cisco TrustSec support for client division and end client/gadget/area security
- Support for Cisco Unified Access with ISE and Cisco Prime
- SDN OpenFlow and OnePK prepared with help for Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module (APIC-EM) in a future software release
- 12 or 24 1G fiber data ports at line rate on each port
- Two optional uplink modules with 4 x Gigabit Ethernet or 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Cisco StackWise-480 innovation to give adaptability and versatility 480 Gbps of stack throughput and full stackability with other Cisco 3850 fixed GE get to switches
- Cisco StackPower technology to give power stacking among stack individuals for power repetition
- Dual repetitive force supplies (AC and DC) and three measured fans, giving higher excess
- Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast steering, secluded QoS, Flexible NetFlow and propelled security highlights
- Single, predictable Cisco IOS XE Software picture with IP Base and IP Services, giving a simple update way to software features
- Enhanced constrained lifetime guarantee (E-LLW) with next business day advance equipment substitution and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center
- Integrated wireless LAN controller ability with up to 20 Gbps of wireless limit per switch or stack and up to 50 passages and 2000 remote customers on each switch or stack
Catalyst 3850 Series Switch Configurations
The Cisco 3850 SFP switches are accessible with IP Base and IP Services feature sets. All switches transport with a default AC power gracefully. A DC power supply can be bought as a choice or extra. Access point licenses are optional and can be requested with the base switches.
Wide Range of Optics Support
The new Cisco 3850 SFP fiber switches bolster a wide scope of pluggable handset modules, including 10/100/1000, 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-X SFP ports and 10GBASE-X SFP+ uplinks. Fiber associations give improved physical security since they are less inclined to physical tapping, making them reasonable for FTTx deployments, including fiber to the desktop (FTTD).
The new Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches with fiber data ports furnish greatest information and administration versatility with improved administration utilizing Cisco StackWise-480 innovation, which is based on the profoundly effective industry-driving Cisco StackWise innovation.
These Cisco 3850 SFP fiber switches are completely stackable with the other 3850 fixed GE get to switches so they can be overseen as a solitary intelligent switching unit. StackWise-480 delivers 480 Gbps of stacking data transfer capacity, while Cisco IOS Software Stateful Switchover (SSO) gives resiliency inside the stack.
To wrap up this discussion about the newly launched Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches, I would just say that Cisco has never disappointed its users with its innovative network devices. The same goes for this 3850 series switches, as they are fully equipped with the latest features and specs, which are required for a high speed and smooth net flow of internet in the home or office network. It certainly is a must buy network device by Cisco.